We provide at-home nail service by professional and licensed mobile podiatrists in the The Hills District. Our first priority in providing professional, mobile, in-home nail service is ensuring that you feel safe, comfortable, and well cared for.
When Do I Need a Podiatrist for Nail Cutting?
A mobile podiatrist can diagnose and treat foot pain related to diabetes, corns, infections, warts, calluses, athlete’s foot, ingrown toenails, heel spurs, and other toe, heel, or ankle pain. A podiatry home visit should be considered if you experience any of the following:
- Toenails that are causing any discomfort
- Pain in your feet or ankles that is unexplained or due to injury
- Foot discomfort such as numbness, tingling, redness, or pain
- Corns and callusing
- Any signs of infection—fever, redness, tenderness, itching, swelling, blistering or pus, signs of spreading
Why Choose In-Home Nail Service?
We provide quality mobile nail care for seniors at your home, office, or nursing home within The Hills District.
- Mobile podiatrist for nail cutting home visit
- Flexible scheduling with no waiting in an office
- Great for home-bound seniors
- Great for those with mobility restrictions
- Home visit with all the same state-of-the-art equipment found in an office
- Licensed and certified mobile podiatrist who can examine, diagnose, treat, and educate
What is Involved in At-Home Nail Service?
Our in-home nail service provides a caring and professional podiatrist for a nail cutting home visit. We ensure that you feel comfortable, safe, and well cared for.
Before your scheduled home visit, you will know exactly who to expect to provide your in-home nail service. The attending mobile podiatrist will examine your feet and nails. In the comfort of your home, the podiatrist can diagnose and/or treat your specific foot or toe ailment and any continued care will be explained, shown, or scheduled, as needed.
Who Pays for Nail Cutting Home Visits?
Many in-home nail services provided by a podiatrist are covered by health insurance plans or a Medicare rebate. Check with your insurance coverage regarding what podiatry services are covered. You can contact us to discuss these issues and our reception staff will explain the process. A receipt will be issued at the time of treatment to make your claims process as simple as possible.