We provide on-site home visits by professional and licensed mobile podiatrists in the Hills District area. Our first priority in providing professional, mobile podiatry care is ensuring that you feel safe, comfortable, and well cared for.
When Do I Need a Mobile Podiatrist?
A mobile podiatrist can diagnose and treat foot pain related to diabetes, corns, infections, warts, calluses, athlete’s foot, ingrown toenails, heel spurs, and other toe, heel, or ankle pain. A podiatry home visit should be considered if you experience any of the following:
- Toenails that are causing any discomfort
- Pain in your feet or ankles that is unexplained or due to injury
- Foot discomfort such as numbness, tingling, redness, or pain
- Corns and callusing
- Any signs of infection—fever, redness, tenderness, itching, swelling, blistering or pus, signs of spreading
Why Choose a Mobile Podiatrist?
We provide quality mobile podiatry services at your home, office, or nursing home within Rousehill/Sydney.
- On-site mobile podiatrist home visit
- Flexible scheduling with no waiting in an office
- Great for home-bound seniors
- Great for those with mobility restrictions
- Home visit with all the same state-of-the-art equipment found in an office
- Licensed and certified mobile podiatrist who can examine, diagnose, treat, and educate
What is Involved in an On Site Podiatry Visit?
Our Sydney mobile podiatry service provides a caring and professional on site podiatrist. We ensure that you feel comfortable, safe, and well cared for.
Before your scheduled podiatry home visit, you will know exactly who to expect to provide your onsite podiatry service. The attending mobile podiatrist will examine your feet and ankles using state-of-art equipment where needed. In the comfort of your home, the podiatrist can diagnose and/or treat your specific foot or toe ailment and any continued care will be explained, shown, or scheduled, as needed.
Who Pays for Onsite Podiatry Services?
Many mobile podiatry in-home services are covered by health insurance plans or a Medicare rebate. Check with your insurance coverage regarding what podiatry services are covered. You can contact us to discuss these issues and our reception staff will explain the process. A receipt will be issued at the time of treatment to make your claims process as simple as possible.